Are you getting iTunes error 4013 error message trying to restore your iPhone or iPad from iTunes? Here are 3 easy solution following which you can fix your iTunes Error 4013 within minutes.
The iTunes error 4013 is a hardware related issue. And the problem mainly happens because of the faulty port or a defective cable. I can make it simple by saying that the problem happens due to connectivity issues on your device.
The Following can also be the reason of behind the problem:
Improper installation of iTunes
Outdated iOS version
Weak Wi-Fi Signals
iTunes Error 4013: Easy Fixes
Now, we exactly know the reasons because of which you are facing iTunes Error on your computer. Try all of these quick fixes to solve the problem…
Firstly, Check USB Cable and Port
Are you using the same USB cable that you got with your iOS device? If you are using an unauthorised USB cable to connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer this kind of issue might have arisen. Try to get an authorised USB cable and check whether the issue resolved or not. Try the following things also
- Check the cable connection from your iPhone to your computer. Make sure there are no loose connections and the cable is properly plugged in
- Unplug the cable from the USB port and connect it back again
- Ensure the USB cable is directly connected to the computer and the C-port. Remove if it is connected through an extender or any other USB hub.
Then, Check your Wi-Fi Network
Substandard internet speed or a poor Wi-Fi network connection can cause you the problem. Check your Wi-Fi connection and try to connect your iOS device to the computer and then access iTunes.
Follow these two methods. It will fix the problem surely if the poor Wi-Fi network was causing you the problem.
Reset Network Settings:
- Open the settings menu on your iPhone and go to General
- Now tap the Reset button and then tap on the Reset Network Settings
- Now Enter the passcode and click on ‘Reset Network Settings’ again
Restart The Wi-Fi Router
Restart your router to fix the problem. All you have to do is Press the Power Button on your Router for a few minutes. And unplug your router’s power cord. Keep them aside for some minutes.
Now plug them in again. And Turn the router on. Connect your iPhone and access iTunes.
The problem not resolved yet? Try further steps…
Update iTunes To The Latest Version
For an error-free operation, it is necessary to keep your iTunes app updated. To avoid iTunes Error 4013 update your iTunes app before using it. Go through the steps below to update iTunes application on your computer.
If you are on Windows Computer:
- Open iTunes
- Go to the menu bar at the top of the iTunes Window
- Then Choose Help and Click on Check For Updates
- Now, Simply follow the on-screen prompts to install the latest version of iTunes
Are you on Mac Computer? Then the steps below are for you…
- Open the App store on your Mac
- Click on the Updates Button at the top of the Window
- Now if any iTunes Updates are available Click the Install Button
Finally, Connect to iTunes in Recovery Mode
Put your iPhone or iPad in recovery mode to solve the iTunes error 4013.
Firstly, put the iOS device in recovery mode and then connect it to iTunes.
How to put iPhones or iPad in recovery mode?
For iPhone 8 or Higher Version:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the volume down button.
- Then, Press and Hold the Side Button until you see the recovery mode screen
For iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus:
Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons simultaneously. Hold it until you see the recovery screen
For iPhone 6s or Earlier or iPad
Press and hold the Home button along with the top or side button till you see the recovery mode option
Connect To iTunes in Recovery Mode
- Connect to iTunes in recovery mode and start recovering
- Eject the Cable when you see the ‘Spinning Wheel’ on iPhone’s Screen
- Wait for few seconds
- Finally, Re-insert the cable and the restoration process will be started
Anyway, Guys! That’s all for now. Hope you can restore your iOS device through iTunes now. Wrapping up I must say Going to the experts is the best way to address this kind of issue. Visit the iTunes Support Portal and talk to the chat executives to fix all your problems.