‘Can’t update my iPhone to the latest iOS version. Every time I’m going to connect to iTunes getting the error message iTunes Error 3194’
Are you facing the same issue as one of the iPhone user mentioned in iTunes support forum? Then my article will help you fix it. Read the article and proceed with the steps given here to solve the problem instantly.
Before trying any advanced steps to solve the problem let’s try some basic solution which can solve the problem
Firstly, Check USB Cable and Port
Are you using the same USB cable that you got with your iOS device? If you are using an unauthorized USB cable to connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer you might have this kind of issue. Try to get an authorized USB cable and check whether the issue resolved or not. Try the following things also
- Check the cable connection from your iPhone to your computer. Ensure there are no loose connections and the cable is properly plugged in
- Unplug the cable from the USB port and then reconnect it again
- Make sure the USB cable is directly connected to the computer and the C-port. Remove if it is connected through an extender or any other USB hub.
Then, Check your Wi-Fi Network
A poor Wi-Fi network connection can cause you the problem. Check your Wi-Fi connection and try to connect your iOS device to the computer and then access iTunes.
Follow these two methods. It will fix the problem surely if the poor Wi-Fi network was causing you the problem.
Reset Network Settings:
- Open the settings menu on your iPhone and go to General
- Now tap the Reset button and then tap on the Reset Network Settings
- Now Enter the passcode and click on ‘Reset Network Settings’ again
Restart The Wi-Fi Router
Restart your router to fix the problem. All you have to do is Press and hold the Power Button on your Router. And unplug your router’s power cord. Keep them aside for a few minutes.
Now plug them in again. And Turn the router on. Connect your iPhone and access iTunes.
Still facing the problem? Try further solutions then…
In some cases, TCP/IP filtering software or security software can restrict the access to the iTunes website due to which you might face the problem.
To isolate the problem configure or temporarily disable your security software.
Update to Fix iTunes Error 3194
For an error-free operation, keep your iTunes app updated. To avoid iTunes Error 3194 update your iTunes app before using it. Follow the steps below to update iTunes application on your computer.
If you are on Windows Computer:
- Open iTunes
- Go to the menu bar at the top of the iTunes Window
- Now, Choose Help and Click on Check For Updates
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest version of iTunes
Are you on Mac Computer? Then doing the job is easier for you…
- Firstly, open the App store on your Mac
- Then Click on the Updates Button at the top of the Window
- Now if any iTunes Updates are available Click the Install Button
Reset The Hosts File
This is the ultimate step you could try to fix the problem.
Declaration: Altering the host’s file of your computer can affect the software services that depends on hosts file redirects. If you don’t have the advanced computing knowledge it is always better to seek help from the experts. Visit iTunes Support website and talk to the experts about the iTunes error 3194.
Now, here are the steps for the people with better computing knowledge.
Reset Hosts File On Windows 10:
- Open Notepad from your computer
- Copy and paste the text below
# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
# For example:
# 220.127.116.11 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 18.104.22.168 x.acme.com # x client host
# localhost name resolution is handle within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
- Now go to the file menu and select Save as, keep the name as ‘hosts’ and save it on the desktop
- Then, Search for %WinDir%\System32\Drivers\Etc and Choose the file folder icon
- Now rename the file as ‘Hosts. Old’
- Finally, move the hosts file you saved on the desktop to this folder
In most cases doing this will fix the iTunes error 3194 if you were facing it on Windows computer.
Reset Hosts files on Mac:
- Go to Finder and choose applications and from there go to Utilities
- Now, Open Terminal
- Type the following command and press return
sudo nano /private/etc/hosts
- Now enter the password you use for signing in
- Then, the terminal displays the hosts file
- You will be shown a window similar to the above. Navigate using the arrow key and look for an entry containing ‘gs.apple.com’.
If you don’t see any entry containing gs.apple.com then your iTunes Error 3194 is not associated with the hosts file.
Connect with the experts available at iTunes Support and get the solution to your iTunes error 3194 easily. The steps given above are hard to proceed with and along with that, it is time-consuming as well. For a fast, secured and real-time assistance, it is always better to take help from the iTunes Support Executives.
Now, its time to bid adieu guys! For any other problems with iTunes, you can see my other posts on this website. Let me know about any of your problems, comment here and I will get back to you with best of my knowledge.