Windows 10 is the most widely used version of Windows by Microsoft. Despite being an advanced Operating System, Windows 10 suffers from many glitches. And, the Application was Unable to Start Correctly 0xC0000005 is one of them. This error occurs when you try to open different software or browsers on Windows 10. It is not restricted to internet browsers only. It can pop up if an application installed on your Windows 10 PC stops responding. We have discussed the possible ways of solving this issue in the least turnaround time.
Reasons behind the Application was Unable to Start Correctly 0xC0000005
A number of factors can make an application unresponsive and give rise to this error. In the majority of the cases, third-party antivirus has been found to be the primary reason. A third-party antivirus might conflict with the executable files on your PC and affect their operation. On the other hand, corrupted Registry entries, system files or drivers. Apart from this, a virus or malware infected PC has more chances of displaying this error.
Solutions to Fix the Application was Unable to Start Correctly 0xC0000005
Let us examine the ways by which we can get rid of this frustrating error instantly.
Solution 1: Repair Corrupted System Files
- Search for the Command Prompt and run it as Administrator.
- Click ‘Yes’ on the permission dialog box and an elevated command pops up.
- Type ‘sfc/scan now’ in the elevated command and hit the ‘Enter’ to run the System File Checker.
- System File Checker starts scanning system files and fixes the corrupted ones.
Solution 2: Uninstall the Conflicting Antivirus
- Open the Settings window from the Start menu and click on ‘System.’
- Expand ‘Apps and Features’ and locate the conflicting antivirus.
- Tap the ‘Uninstall’ button next to the software and click ‘Yes’ to confirm the uninstallation.
- Now, restart your PC and open a web browser or application to ensure that the problem has been solved.
Solution 3: Fix Corrupted Registries
- Open the Command Prompt and click ‘Yes’ on the Permission dialog box.
- Type ‘regedit’ in the Command Prompt and hit ‘Enter’ to run the Registry Editor.
- Select 0xC0000005 related key and create a backup.
- Choose ‘Export’ from the ‘File’ menu and save the backup into a folder. To do that, select the folder from the ‘Save In’ list.
- Navigate to the ‘Export Range’ menu and select the ‘Selected Branch’ option.
- Click on ‘Save’ to save the backup with a ‘.reg file extension.’
Solution 4: Fix Faulty Drivers
Press Windows logo key and ‘X’ at the same time to open Device Manager. Inspect whether any hardware has a yellow mark next to it. This mark states that the driver is faulty. Hence, right-click on this hardware and select ‘Uninstall’ to remove the driver from your PC. If the problem persists, then search for an updated driver on the internet.
You can search manually or let Windows browse for the latest driver. Then, download the driver and install it on your PC. Now, browse the internet or run an application to ensure that the error is resolved.
Solution 5: Check for Viruses or Malware
- Download a virus or malware scanning tool from the internet and install it on your PC.
- Run the tool to scan your PC for a virus or malware.
- Use an antivirus or antimalware to remove the virus or malware respectively.
Solution 5: Repair the Corrupted BCD
Press the Windows logo key and ‘X’ simultaneously on the keyboard. Open Command Prompt as Admin. Type ‘bcdedit’ in it and hit ‘Enter.’ Remove some files if you find that your Windows Boot Loader Path is ‘xOsload.exe’ before repairing the BCD. Then, execute the commands appearing on the screen one after another. Do not forget to press ‘Enter’ after executing each of these commands.
Connect with us for Top-Notch Technical Support
Our iTunes Customer Support is round the clock accessible to cater to the needs of iTunes users. Our experts are dealing with a wide range of iTunes issues for several years. We analyze the problem of individual users are customize our services accordingly.
We provide highly affordable services when compared to other service providers in the industry. Therefore, end your search with us and avail of our service to fix the iTunes issue. We will let you know and fix why the specific application was unable to start correctly 0xC0000005. So give us a call at our iTunes Customer Support Number and book your service today.