iTunes is a valuable application in the Apple devices that enhance the device by involving an excellent backup process. It becomes an annoying issue while you are trying to run this app and get stuck with the error message, “The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly 0xc0000142”. Besides this article, iTunes Support Team will help you to fix this iTunes error effortlessly.
Significant Reasons for the Error 0xc0000142
There are lots of technical glitches that cause this kind of iTunes issue. Therefore, the device will pop up the unexpected error code in a different way. Check these out:
- Corrupted system files and outdated driver software are the responsible factors behind the message, “The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly 0xc0000142”.
- Outdated .NET, C++, and other associated files cause the error 0xc0000142.
“iTunes the application was unable to start correctly” with the Technical Troubleshooting Steps- How to Troubleshoot?
Some of the effective solutions will help to overcome all the difficulties associated with the iTunes error 0xc0000142. Not only that but also it helps you to upgrade the performance level of the Apple device.
Repair the corrupted programs
- Type “Control” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Control Panel window.
- In the Control Panel window, you will find a list of programs. Choose Programs and Features.
- Click on the option Uninstall a program.
- A list of installed programs will appear in the resultant window. Choose the applications one by one which you want to remove.
- Right-click on the selected programs and Uninstall them by tapping the Uninstall button.
- Now, you can see a dialog box with two buttons. Tap on the Yes to confirm the uninstallation process.
- It will take several minutes to finish the uninstallation process. When done, try to open iTunes and“The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142” appears or not.
Modify the value of LoadAppInit_DLLs
- Press Windows + R together from the keyboard and type “regedit” in the text field.
- Hit the Enter key to open the Registry Editor window.
- From the left pane of the window, choose the option HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Click on the + symbol and choose Microsoft under the Software section.
- Then, tap on the Windows NT and finally, click on the Windows under the Current Version.
- Double-tap on the LoadAppInit_DLLs and follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the resultant window, change the data value field from 1 to 0.
- Tap on the OK button to apply the new changes and exit from the active window.
- Finally, restart the device and check whether the Error 0xc0000142 is removed or not.
Upgrade the graphics card driver
- Type “devicemngr” from the keyboard in the search box and hit the Enter key
- In the Device Manager window, you can see a list of hardware devices that are already installed on your system.
- Click on the Graphics card driver or its icon.
- Now, right-click on it and choose the Update Driver option from the appeared pop-up menu.
- Then, confirm the step by tapping on the Yes button and it will start to perform the graphics driver update process.
- The process will take a few minutes to complete the upgrade process.
Run the program in Compatibility Mode
- Right-click on the problematic application.
- Choose the Properties option from the bottom of the pop-up menu and launch the properties window.
- Click on the Compatibility tab
- Choose the option Run Compatibility Troubleshooter that troubleshoots the corrupted files.
- Now, try to re-run the program and check whether the message “ iTunes the application was unable to start correctly” appears on the screen or not.
After that, if the problem still persists, then try out the steps below to avoid any kind of iTunes issues.
- Enable the Compatibility mode by giving a tick on Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Now, choose the operating system driver from the drop-down menu.
- Next, put a checkmark on the option Run this program as an Administrator.
- Tap on the Apply button to save the recent changes and hit the OK button to close the window.
- Once done, try to run the application program and check whether the same problem still persists or not.
Run the System File Checker
- Type “cmd” in the search box and launch the Start menu.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and choose the option Run as Administrator Mode.
- Now, enter the correct credentials and tap on the Sign-in button to verify the account authenticity.
- In the Command Prompt window, run the command “sfc/ScanNow”.
- It will find the corrupted System files and repair them accordingly if necessary.
- Once done, reboot the device and verify whether “The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142” is resolved.
Perform C++, .NET Framework, DirectX Update
- Type “regedit.exe” in the search box and hit the Enter key to open the Registry window.
- In the Registry Editor, go to the Microsoft folder by expanding the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Then, click on another subkey Wow6432Node and Microsoft respectively. After that, tap on Updates.
- Here, you will get a list of installed programs. Choose the C++, .NET Framework and DirectX respectively.
- Now, right-click on them and choose the Updates option to upgrade the programs with the latest version.
Connect with us for Technical Assistance
Our iTunes Support team is infused with the required expertise to tackle the iTunes error effectively so that you can enjoy a flawless service in the future. Furthermore, you can resolve the annoying issue with “The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly 0xc0000142” message effectively by our reliable service. So, you can place a call at our iTunes Customer Support Number and fix the error immediately without any hassle.