While you are trying to sync important files, music files, folders or other documents, etc from your Apple device to another, error 54 iTunes crops up in your system. Moreover, it reduces the performance of the Apple device. Therefore, your device fails to give a real-time response. While solving this error, you can also get the error iPhone could not be restored error 3194. We hope this article will be helpful to remove all these problems.
Significant Reasons behind Error 54
These are some of the common reasons behind this error 54 iTunes.
- An outdated iTunes can create this annoying issue.
- A corrupted iTunes file or improper installation is another reason for iTunes Sync error 54.
- A virus attack or web threat is responsible for this irritating issue.
- The problems with the PDF files become a barrier in the file sync process.
Technical Steps to Remove iTunes Sync Error 54
There are some of the simple steps you can use to remove this kind of error effectively. Moreover, it enhances your device’s performance.
- Close all the active iTunes app windows and launch the Apple Store from any of your Apple device.
- Hit the Update tab and check whether the latest Apple update service is available or not. If the Update button shows the active status, then you must be sure that current updates are available.
- Click on that specific button and download the current iTunes version. The entire process will take a few times to complete.
- Once done, restart the iPhone or Mac to check whether the problem error 54 iTunes is resolved or not.
- Download and install the genuine antivirus software available.
- Now, double-tap on the antivirus icon and open this system security window on the screen.
- After that, click on the Scan tab or select the ‘Scan for Virus’ option.
- In the resultant window, choose either Quick Scan or Full Scan to run that specific software.
- Confirm the antivirus running process by tapping on the Yes button from the dialog box.
- The entire process will take a few minutes to complete. It will identify the files and folders which are infected by the malware.
- You need to select those files and tap on the Disinfect tab to kill the malware, spyware like a significant virus.
- Connect your device (Mac/iPhone) to the internet through Wi-Fi or by using a wired connection.
- Now, tap on the Settings app from the menu on the device screen. From the Settings window, choose the Properties option.
- Select the General tab from the Properties window and tap the Software Update option from the resultant window.
- Tap the Download and Install button from the next window and start the download process. Make sure that you are installing the latest iOS version and your device has enough disk space.
- Now, save the new folder in the desktop window. Double-tap on it to open.
- Here, you will find multiple files and choose the executable file. Run this file successfully.
- It will take several minutes to complete the installation operation.
- Finally, enter a passcode if you are asked to verify. Now, finish the process by clicking on the Submit button.
- Once done, reboot your iPad or iPhone to check whether the iTunes sync error 54 is resolved.
Edit Windows Registry
- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and launch the Start menu.
- Type “regedit” in the search box and hit the Enter key to open the Windows Registry.
- Choose the error key 54 from the resultant window and go to the File menu.
- From the File Sub-menu, tap on the Export. You need to save the selected key to a folder if necessary.
- Next, verify the branch details and set the export range by choosing the Branch Option.
- Finally, tap o the Save button to save the new changes.
- Once done, restart the Apple device and verify whether the same iTunes issue persists or not.
Remove and Re-import iTunes Content
- Save all the music files and important data as a backup into another device. To perform it, you can move the iTunes library.xml to your desktop or to another folder for your convenience.
- Now, delete the iTunes library file to the Trash or move the content into the Recycle Bin.
- Then, open the iTunes application from your Apple device.
- Go to the File menu and click on the Library.
- Click on Import Playlist under the Library sub-menu.
Give Full Access Permission
- Right-click on the iTunes folder and choose the Properties option from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the Security tab from the Properties window
- Tap on Edit and you will get several options for accepting the access permission.
- Select the Full Control and click on Apply to confirm it.
- Re-open the iTunes application from your Apple device and right-click on it. Then, select the Compatibility tab from the Properties window.
- Select the option Run as Administrator for checking the system files. This step will take a few seconds to identify the corrupted files and repair them for further progress.
- When done, restart the iPhone or Mac device and check whether you are facing 54 error iTunes or not.
Delete PDF Files from iPhone
- Tap on the iBooks from the iPad or iPhone home screen and launch it.
- Choose Collections under this iBook window. Here, you will get a list of items and select them accordingly which you want to remove.
- Click on Edit button from the upper-right section of the active window.
- Choose the eBooks and PDF files that you want to delete. Then, tap on the Delete button to perform the PDF file erase operation.
- Now, confirm the process by tapping the Delete option from the left corner of the window. It will delete the selected items from your device.
- After successful completion, click on the Done button from the upper-right corner of the same window and close the iBook window.
Connect for Professional Assistance
We have discussed some of the effective steps to fix the Error 54 iTunes. However, you can connect with the experts of iTunes Customer Support team for a quick fix. Our skilled professionals are experienced to resolve the file sync issue permanently.