iPhone issues are harmless, however, they can crash several applications on your iPhone if not rectified in proper time. You may often be a victim of severe iPhone glitches, one of which include iPhone messages keeps crashing or even your iPhone rebooting errors. It turns out to be quite an annoying issue when you can’t send iMessages or read any new message on your iPhone anymore. The reasons can be different, but more specifically, this glitch can arise due to a harmful software update. If you are also experiencing the same issue with your latest iPhone model, you can apply some tricks to get it solved.
In this write-up, we have listed a few tricks so that you can eradicate this glitch completely. Hence, go through this guide in detail and fix iPhone message issues in an instant. In case you have further queries, you can avail iTunes Support anytime.
What causes iMessage to Malfunction?
There are multiple reasons why your iMessage fails to operate. It can occur due to a failure in Apple’s iMessage server or faulty settings with your messages app. Moreover, several iPhone users have recently reported that they come across several iMessage problems after upgrading to the latest iOS version. It can even freeze your phone the moment you open a new message.
Why iMessage not Working in iOS 10?
Are you suffering from this issue? It is one of the most common bugs reported by users. If you are stuck with this error, you need to first check the status of your message and the message recipient whether it is running on iOS 10. If you find it difficult to fix it on your own, you have to disable the option ‘Reduce Motion’ setting as it is the simplest method of fixing iOS iMessage.
- At first, you need to go to ‘Settings’ and search for the ‘Accessibility’ option. Afterward, click on the ‘Reduce Motion’ option.
- Then, you are required to turn off the Reduce Motion setting and exit immediately.
- In the next step, you can send messages in order to avail the bubble effects.
Can’t Activate iMessage After iOS 10 Update?
At times, it may happen that you come up with an error message saying ‘iMessage waiting for activation on your iPhone’. If you are a victim of this particular message, you need to consider a few things before activation. You need to make sure that the Date & Time are set correctly and you are connected to a stable Wifi connection. If this is the case, you need to go through the undermentioned steps as under:
- First, go to Settings>Message and scroll down till it says “Send & Receive”. Finally, tap on the option.
- Then, you need to tap on the Apple ID and press Sign Out.
- In the next step, switch off iMessage application and wait for some time. Then, switch it on.
- Finally, you need to enter the Apple ID details and then proceed to activate iMessage.
iMessage Failing to Open After an Update?
It is true that you need to update your iPhone at frequent intervals otherwise your device might become vulnerable to severe technical complications. Even some of the users pointed out that after updating their iOS, the iMessage is not opening. In case, you suffer from the same problem, try the fixes as below:
- To begin with, you need to uninstall your iMessage application and then install it once more.
- Perform a hard reboot of your system and then restart the application.
- Next, proceed to restore your device and do not forget to backup your data before you begin to restore.
5 Methods to Fix iPhone Messages App Crashing
Method 1: Using iOS System Recovery
You can try to fix typical iMessage issues with this strong and reliable system repair tool. This works perfectly with iOS 11 and even with the latest iOS 12 models. Using this program, you can fix your issues and get it back to its normal state. Moreover, the steps mentioned under will walk you through the most effective fixes regarding iPhone messages keeps crashing in detail. Before you start, you need to download and launch it in your system.
- At first, launch this iOS repair tool on your device. Now from the main interface, you can connect your iPhone to the computer and then proceed to select the ‘Standard Mode’ option.
- This program will let you put your iPhone into Recovery Mode. At this time, you need to click on ‘Start’ to begin the countdown and next follow the on-screen instructions to set your device in DFU mode.
- Now, when your iPhone is already into DFU mode, click on the option ‘Download’ and wait for the program to install the firmware package.
- Once you have downloaded it, you need to click on ‘Start Fix’ and it will take some time to fix your device. Then your device will get back to its normal state once the fixing is done.
Method 2: Reboot your iPhone
In most of the cases, it is indeed easy to rectify the issue of the device freezing by performing a reset.
- At first, you need to hold the power on/off button together with the Home button for about 10 secs until you detect the Apple logo on the screen.
- If you are using iPhone 7, you need to press the on/off button together with the volume down key in order to switch on your device.
- Next, in order to restart your iPhone X, or 8, what you need to do is quickly press and then release the volume up button followed by the volume down button. Now, check whether the Apple logo appears.
Method 3: Proceed to Reset the Settings
This method can frustrate you a little bit as it will remove the entire content from your device. Hence, if you find that iMessage crashing constantly, we recommend you to reset the device to its factory settings.
- At first, you need to open the Settings application and then tap on the ‘General’ option.
- In the next window, you need to scroll below and choose the option ‘Reset’. There, you need to click on ‘Reset All Settings’ option.
- In the next step, the device will prompt you to confirm the action. Click on ‘Reset All Settings’ option once again. Now, the OS will prompt you to confirm as it will restore your device to factory settings.
- Once you complete the process, you can set the device absolutely from the root.
Method 4: Remove App Caches
If you are still searching for effective solutions to resolve iPhone messages keeps crashing error, you can consider clearing the caches of the iMessage application. However, when you begin to perform this action, do not forget to create a backup. If you are using iOS 12, you can automatically delete the older conversations. Cleaning the cache will help to free up space and enhance the performance of the application to a great extent. On the other hand, if you are using iOS 10 and find that iOS 10 problems with iMessage, then you can apply this process to overcome this particular error.
Method 5: Perform a Force Quit of Message App and Relaunch
In this method, you can click the Home button two times and bring the App Switcher. Here, you need to swipe the messages application in order to force quit it. If you wish, you can immediately turn off your device and then restart it after some time. Once you finish it, relaunch the application once again and check if it is working optimally.
Although glitches do exist and turn out to be worse at times, however, overcoming them is not that difficult if you follow the tricks carefully.
Contact our Customer Support Service
Hope you can fix the issue of iPhone messages keeps crashing on your iPhone if you follow our guided steps carefully. However, if you miss out any or unable to try your hands on, you can directly get in touch with the professionals of the iTunes Customer Support team for immediate assistance. The techies are available round the clock at your assistance. So get in touch with the experts today!