When you try to transfer data from the CD/DVD to the iTunes library, you get stuck with an error message saying “iTunes cannot locate the CD configuration folder”. Moreover, you won’t be able to burn the disc without resolving this annoying issue. However, you can go through the entire article carefully to fix this problem without any hassle. For a quick fix, our Apple Support is ready to serve you the best service ahead.
Significant Issues behind CD Configuration Error
There are lots of important factors responsible for creating the CD Configuration error often.
- Incomplete installation of iTunes creates this kind of annoying issue.
- Using an outdated iTunes for a long time makes this error.
Resolve the iTunes CD Configuration Folder Error with a few Steps
Some of the effective steps help to overcome the error message “iTunes cannot locate the CD configuration folder”. Moreover, it enhances the iTunes problem easily without any hassle.
Change Location of the CD Configuration Folder
- Press Windows key and E together from the keyboard and launch the My Computer or This PC.
- Double-click on the Local Disk (C:) and open it.
- Choose the folder Program Files from the resultant window.
- Double-tap on the iTunes Folder.
- Now, select CD Configuration Folder and right-click on it. Click on the Cut option or you can press Ctrl + X to remove it from this location.
- After that, open the directory where you have already installed iTunes and right-click on the free space. Choose the Paste option to move the folder here. You can use another shortcut Ctrl + V to copy the files to the current location.
- When done, reboot the system and re-launch iTunes to check whether the message, “iTunes cannot locate the CD configuration folder” appears or not.
- Switch on the Apple device and launch the Gallery.
- Click on the iTunes app from the Gallery.
- Tap on the Help option from the next window and choose the option Check for Updates from the pop-up menu.
- If an update is available, then follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the next step. It will start the upgrade process.
- The update process will take several minutes to complete. Once done, restart the iPad or iOS device successfully.
Before performing the uninstallation process, you need to take the backup of your important data stored in your Apple device. So, follow the steps below to avoid the data loss issue.
- Open the iTunes app and click on the File option from the appeared menu.
- Choose the option Library and open it. Select another option Organize Library from the Library folder.
- Tap on the Consolidate Files and hit the OK button to proceed further.
- Then, exit from the iTunes app and connect the iPhone with your system.
- Locate the iTunes folder and drag it into the External hard drive. It will save the files before reinstalling it.
To perform the uninstall and re-install process, you can take help from the steps below and avoid iTunes errors effectively.
- Type “Control” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Control Panel window.
- Choose Programs and Features from the list of the programs that appeared on the screen.
- Click on Uninstall a Program from this folder and you can see a queue of programs which are installed on your Apple device.
- Choose iTunes and its associated files. After that, right-click on them one by one and choose Uninstall to remove the iTunes app from your Apple device.
- Tap on the Yes button from the appeared dialog box and confirm the uninstall process efficiently.
An alternative and the fastest way the app is discussed below that gives you the result within a short period of time.
- Locate the Application Manager.
- Choose the iTunes folder and right-click on it.
- Tap on the Uninstall option and remove iTunes from your Apple system.
Once done, launch any of the fast browsers from your PC and download iTunes from Apple’s official website. Now, install it with the latest version and resolve the iTunes CD configuration folder issue easily.
- Close the iTunes application from your Apple device and connect the device with your PC through a cable.
- Now, drag the iTunes folder on the desktop and restart the PC.
- To perform iTunes repair, launch the Add/Remove Programs window.
- Select iTunes and right-click on it.
- Choose the Change option from the pop-up menu and tap o Repair from the Sub-menu.
- The repairing iTunes installation process will take a few minutes to complete and disconnect the Apple device from the PC once done.
- Finally, reboot the iPad, iOS device and fix “iTunes cannot locate the CD configuration folder” without any hassle.
Connect With iTunes Customer Support For Professional Help
In the above article, we have analyzed the problems with the unexpected error message, “iTunes cannot locate the CD configuration folder” and its effective solutions. However, you can contact us if you encounter any issues for Apple Customer Support. To do so, dial iTunes Customer Support Number for a technical fix. Our Apple support engineers are brilliant enough to resolve this kind of error within a short period of time.