Mac Keyboard Not Working? Fixed with 2 Easy Methods
Prolong use of any device can lead to wear and tear. A glitch within the keyboard starts with the malfunction of the keys, to complete non-functional condition. Primarily a wireless keyboard encounters these glitches. If you note that the keyboard associated with the Mac device fails to work, then this guide is what you need right now.
Mac keyboard not working can occur due to several reasons such as dust accumulation in between the keys. Other than that software issue that includes conflicting application and outdated OS can also lead to this sort of problem.
Now, all you need to do is mitigate the problem with the most effective hacks. Read this guide and follow the steps mentioned below to fix a non-working keyboard.
Methods to Fix Mac Wireless keyboard not Working
Let us start with the most basic hack that is cleaning the keyboard. To keep a device functional you need to keep it dust free and clean it periodically. You can use a can of compressed air to remove the dust.
Otherwise, you need to check if the system is up-to-date or not. There is a possibility that an outdated firmware or driver is affecting the keyboard. So, implement the methods given below:
Method 1: Check for Updates
It is a known fact that the outdated version of the Mac device can hinder the keyboard’s functioning. Thus, you have to go to the App store first and then implement the following steps:
- Visit the App Store to check for updates.
- If after going to the App Store, you see that there is already an update available, click on the Update option.
- Otherwise, you can choose the Update All button.
If you want, you can update the Mac device automatically. All you need to do is follow the steps given below:
- First, you have to go to the System Preferences section on the Mac laptop.
- Now, on to the App Store and check the box next to the Automatically check for updates label.
- This will ensure that whenever an update is available it will get installed on the device automatically.
If this method did not fix the workability of the keyboard, then you need to go to the next method.
Method 2: Delete the Recent Apps
Still getting the issue? If the problem started right after you downloaded a new app then you need to delete it from the Mac laptop. You can use Launchpad and Finder for deleting the apps from Mac.
You can delete the recent apps by using the Launchpad on the Mac laptop. To delete the apps you have to perform the following steps:
- At first, you need to do is click on the Launchpad icon.
- Now, choose the apps that you want to remove. Press the apps until it starts to jiggle off.
- Choose the Delete button to finish the process.
You can also delete the unwanted apps from the Mac laptop by using the Finder application. All you have to do is go through the following steps:
- First, you have to open the Finder application.
- Next, go to the Applications section and search for the apps that you want to remove.
- Drag the apps from the Applications section to the Trash icon to delete those.
- Now, go to the Finder again and tap on the Empty Trash icon to remove them permanently from the device.
Choose the hack that suits your preference in order to fix the Mac laptop keyboard not working issue.
We hope that you find this article worth reading. If you are still facing the Mac keyboard not working issue then you can contact us and get the most effective solutions regarding your problem.