Call on our iTunesSupport :
At times, you can find the Macbook Pro screen goes black while attempting to wake the machine from sleep mode. The screen goes black and unresponsive and can also happen when you simply start the MacBook.
You may face this issue if the screen brightness of the machine is lowered by chance. A malfunctioning hardware component, corrupted NVRAM or faulty SMC settings comprises some common reasons behind the occurrence of this black screen issue on MacBook Pro.
So, if you too are facing this issue on your MacBook, you can follow this guide. Here, we have detailed down the fixes to this particular issue on MacBook and implementing them will surely help you resolve it quickly.
Ways to Resolve the Black Screen Error on MacBook Pro
This section of the article deals with the fixes to help you get rid of the black screen issue from the MacBook Pro easily.
Solution 1: Put the Login Password
Putting the login password can sometimes resolve this black screen error on a MacBook Pro. Follow the steps below to do it.
- First, press the ‘Power’ button once. This action will launch the ‘Restart’ dialog box of the macOS.
- Next, click on the ‘S’ key to send the MacBook Pro in sleep mode. As soon as you have done that, press the ‘Power’ button and hold it for some time until the system shuts down.
- Finally, after you switch off the machine, wait for fifteen seconds and boot the device to check if this issue is still present or not.
Solution 2: Inspect the Battery
If the battery present within the device does not have any charge at all, then there is a chance for you to encounter this problem. Now, the best answer to resolve this issue is to do a full charge of the battery and then attempt to power on the device.
Solution 3: Increase the Screen Brightness of the MacBook Pro
If the screen brightness of the MacBook Pro has been accidentally dimmed by pressing the dedicated brightness key, then you can encounter this issue. If such is the case, you need to utilize ‘F1’ and ‘F2’ keys to brighten the screen to resolve the black screen issue from your MacBook Pro device.
Solution 4: Reset the NVRAM Settings
The NVRAM or non-volatile RAM stores memory settings for devices like speakers, display, etc. If the NVRAM settings of the MacBook Pro gets corrupted due to some reason, then this issue can come up.
Now, the easiest answer to resolve this issue is to reset the NVRAM settings of the laptop. The process to do it is as follows.
- First, power off the MacBook Pro device.
- After that, tap on the ‘Power’ key once to boot the device.
- Once you hear the startup chime, next, press the keys “Command + Option + P + R” together.
- Keep on pressing the above four keys until you hear a second chime. This action means that the NVRAM reset process is over
- At last, restart the machine and check whether the black screen issue reappears or not.
Solution 5: Remove all the Peripheral Devices
Sometimes the peripheral devices connected to the MacBook Pro laptop can interrupt the boot loader of the system. Thus the most feasible solution to mitigate this glitch is to disconnect all the peripheral devices from the computer and boot it up once again.
Once the computer starts up normally, next, connect all the peripheral devices and reboot the machine to check if the black screen issue is resolved.
Solution 6: Reset the SMC Settings
The System Management Controller or SMC is a chip that controls physical aspects of the MacBook Pro like fans, LED indicators, power management and etc. If the SMC settings get corrupted somehow, then you can face this issue.
If such is the case, the one and only answer to resolve this issue is to reset the SMC settings of the MacBook Pro. To do it correctly, follow the steps below.
- First, power down the MacBook Pro device.
- Next, connect one end of the power cable to the device and the other end to the wall socket.
- Now, hit the combination of keys ‘Shift + Option + Control + Power’ simultaneously for ten seconds and then release them after that.
- At last, boot the MacBook Pro device once again and inspect if this issue comes up or not.
If your MacBook Pro screen goes black and unresponsive, then the easiest way to mitigate this error is to follow the methods provided above, one by one. You can leave your feedback in the comments section below.