iTunes is one of the featured apps of all Apple devices that helps to transfer the data from one Apple device to another. Moreover, it is perfect media to retrieve the important data from the Apple device within a limited time frame. Besides its incredible performance, some of the technical glitches make it complicated to handle at times. Therefore, you can come across the error, “Service Apple Mobile Device Failed To Start” when you are trying to launch iTunes app. We hope, this context will be beneficial for you to avoid this annoying issue and it is not a big deal for our iTunes Customer Support to tackle this situation.
Significant Causes for iTunes Startup Error:
Some of the significant reasons are responsible for creating the iTunes error. So, you can see the unexpected error message, “Service Apple Mobile Device Failed To Start” while you are working with iTunes app. Let’s have a look at them:
- Outdated iOS device sometimes becomes incompatible with the latest Apple services and raise this kind of annoying issue.
- Many times, we use the outdated version of iTunes and it fails to work. Therefore, it shows the Startup error without updating it.
- QTMovieWin is an executable file but not directly executable. It acts as an implementation of shared libraries. So, malfunctions of this EXEs causes this iTunes error.
Easy Steps “iTunes Apple Mobile Device Service Failed to Start”
Several effective ways help to fix the iTunes error without any hassle. Moreover, it enhances the Apple device performance level. So, you may try out the steps below to overcome the iTunes startup error.
Reinstall all Apple Services
- Press “appwiz.cpl” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Control Panel window from your Apple device.
- Click in the programs and Features option from the list of menus.
- In the resultant window, you will get a list of Apple services.
- You need to select one by one iTunes, Bonjour, Apple Application Support (32 bit), Apple Application Support (64 bit), etc.
- Now, right-click on them and choose the option Uninstall one after another.
- It will show a dialog box where you are asked, ”Do you want to Uninstall Apple Services?”. Hit the Yes button and confirm the Apple Software removal process.
- The process will take a few times to complete. When done, go to the Apple Official website and install the latest version. Try to launch the iTunes app and check whether the annoying message, “service apple mobile device failed to start” appears on screen or not.
Restart Apple Device
- Close iTunes app from your device and disconnect from an iOS device if it is connected.
- Press Windows + R key together from the keyboard.
- In the Run dialog box, type “services.msc” and hit the Ener key to open the Windows Service console.
- Right-click on the Apple Mobile Device Service and select the Properties option from the bottom section of the pop-up menu.
- Set the Startup type as Automatic from the resultant window and click on the Stop button.
- Again, enable the Apple service by tapping the Start button.
- Finally, hit the OK button and reboot the System. Now, verify whether the iTunes error occurs or not.
- Double-tap on the folder My Computer or This PC.
- Select Program Files named folder from C Drive and double-click on it.
- Choose iTunes(32 bit System). For a 64-bit system, select iTunes(64-bit) instead of 32 bit.
- Locate the QTMovieWin.dll file and delete it.
- When done, reboot iTunes and check whether it shows the message, “ iTunes apple mobile device service failed to start” or not.
- Launch iTunes from MacBook gallery or from the Desktop window.
- From the iTunes Settings window, choose the Help menu tab and click on Check For Updates from the drop-down menu.
- If an update is available, then click on the Install tab and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait until the entire process is done.
Still Struggling with iTunes Error?
In the above article, we have discussed some of the easy steps that will help you to overcome any iTunes problems. However, it is very tricky to fix the iTunes issue if you are not a tech-savvy person. But in this case, our iTunes Support team is experienced enough to tackle the Apple device error efficiently. So, if you see the unexpected message, “Service Apple Mobile Device Failed To Start”, then you can immediately connect with us for affordable service. Feel free to place a call at our iTunes Customer Service Number and resolve the iTunes faults within a short period of time.