Call on our iTunesSupport :
Apple iTunes plays a crucial role in backing up important data. Besides the iCloud technique, you can get your audio as well as well as video data through iTunes. So, “how to backup iTunes?” is the most essential factor before restoring the documents. However, you can read the article to learn the process and our Apple Customer Service will help you to overcome any problems within a limited timeframe.
Backup to iTunes with a Few Technical Steps
There are several steps to restore data to iTunes. We hope the following methods will help you to clear the doubts on “how to backup iTunes?” Moreover, it helps to overcome the Itunes issues quickly.
Backup using Itunes via the Apple’s iTunes Match
To perform the data retrieval operation, you must require the following things:
- A system with a smooth internet connection.
- Verified iTunes Account.
- iTunes must be installed in your system and the version of the iTunes should be the latest. Otherwise, it fails to perform.
However, if you meet the above requirements before performing the backup operation, then you can follow the steps below:
- Switch your Apple iPhone/iPad on.
- Now, launch the iPhone gallery and choose the iTunes from several items in the gallery.
- Double-tap on the iTunes app and open it.
- Then, click on the iTunes Match from the left-hand menu of the Apple Store.
- You scan the entire music files along with the iTunes files. Moreover, it also explains the working principle of iTunes. Therefore, it matches the songs which are already stored in iTunes index.
You can use the Desktop app instead of the Apple device. Therefore, you can perform the steps below and perform the backup operation.
- Click on the Start button and double-tap on the iTunes from the Start menu.
- Now, go ton the Apple Store and open the iTunes match from the left-hand menu.
- It will scan the entire music albums, files along with the iTunes files.
- However, the entire process will take 3-5 seconds to complete. Once done, reboot the Apple device and check whether the backup to iTunes issue is resolved.
Restore iTunes Data to an External Hard Drive
- Log on to the Windows Computer and locate the iTunes icon from the desktop.
- Now, launch the iTunes application by double-clicking on the iTunes icon from the gallery.
- On the Home interface, tap on the Sign-in button from the left corner of the window.
- Here, enter the Apple ID credentials into the appropriate fields (User Id and Passcode). Now, verify the account by hitting the Sign in button.
- Locate the Edit Menu tab from the upper-left corner of the menu bar.
- Choose the option Preferences from the Edit menu.
- In the Preferences window, a General Preferences box will appear on the screen.
- Tap on Advanced tab and go to the next window. Check the copy files before adding the specific files to the library. Click on the OK button.
- Back to the Itunes main window by tapping on the Previous button.
- Again, go to the File menu tab and click on the library from the appeared menu.
- Choose Organize Library from the sub-menu and put the tick on the Consolidate File checkbox from the resultant box.
- Confirm it by tapping on the OK button. Once done, close the iTunes window.
- Next, connect the External hard drive to the PC and retrieve the files which you want to backup from iTunes library.
- After that, go to the immediate upper folder of the iTunes Media folder. Now, move the iTunes folder to the external drive. Alternatively, you can copy the iTunes backup folders and paste into the external drive.
- When done, restart the Apple device and clean the junk files to free up the memory spaces. You never find any issue with the iTunes to backup.
Before running the iTunes backup process, you need to update the iTunes in Windows or Mac devices with the latest version. To run the update program, you may try out the steps below:
For Windows Users,
- Launch the iTunes app by tapping on the iTunes icon from the desktop.
- Locate the Menu bar and Click on the Help menu tab.
- Select the Check for Updates option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, follow the instructions from the prompted screen and complete the latest iTunes installation process.
In Mac, the process is very short and simple that saves the time as well.
- Launch the Apple App Store from your Macbook.
- Tap on the Updates from the top of the Window.
- If any of the latest version of iTunes is available, then it will show you the list of the latest versions.
- Click on the Install tab to start the installation process. It takes a few minutes to finish the entire installation process. Once done, restart the MacBook and it will avoid iTunes backup error if it occurs.
Reach out for Reliable iTunes Assistance
We hope the above article is helpful to resolve the iTunes backup files issue effectively. But, if you are not a tech-savvy person, then it becomes tricky for you. Therefore, you can connect with our Apple Support team for a technical fix. Moreover, we are experienced enough to tackle iTunes issues without any hassle. Furthermore, you can place a call at our iTunes Customer Support Number and know the details on how to backup iTunes effortlessly.