Syncing the iPhone contacts has become easier after the introduction of iCloud. Using iCloud, you can keep all the contacts and data safe and secure by syncing between two iDevices.
iCloud provides a wireless way to sync the contacts that are in the iPhone to the Mac devices. The only thing that you need to do is sign in with the same account on the iPhone and Mac and then enable the iCloud service in order to get the contacts.
In this article, we will guide you with the easiest way on how to sync contacts from iPhone to Mac to iCloud. You just need to follow the below-mentioned steps to easily avail the contacts. Here is how you can safely sync contacts to the Mac devices.
How to Sync Contacts from iPhone to Mac using iCloud
There are a few ways to transfer the contacts from iPhone to Mac. In this section, we are going to provide the easy way outs. Simply follow the guide.
Procedure 1: Backup the Contacts
The initial step to sync the contacts is to keep a backup of the contacts.
- First, open iTunes on the Mac or iPhone. Next, you have to connect the iPhone.
- Right after this, click on the “device icon” when the icon will appear.
- Now, on the Summary tab, you have to click on the “Backup Now” option.
Wait for some time to complete the backup process.
Procedure 2: Turn on iCloud sync on iPhone
Next, you have to get the contacts from one device to the other. For this, you have to turn on the iCloud sync on iPhone. iCloud is the best way to sync contacts because it helps to keep everything safe and secure.
To turn on the iCloud sync for contacts on the iPhone, you have to perform the following steps:
- Open the Settings app on the iPhone and then click on your name.
- Now, tap on the iCloud application and then check the box next to the Contacts.
- If you are asked to choose between the Merge or Cancel, tap on the “Merge” option in order to get the contacts.
Note: If you use iOS 10.2 version or earlier than that, you have to go to the Settings and choose the iCloud option instead.
- Now, in the iCloud application, you will be able to view all your existing contacts,
- The new contacts with get merged along with the old one. You can easily download all contacts on the requisite device.
- If you see that iCloud contacts sync was already turned On the iPhone, then enable it on the Mac device as well.
Note: These steps are also applicable for iPad or iPod touch. Thus, you won’t face any difficulty at the time of syncing the contacts on any of the iDevices.
Procedure 3: Enable iCloud Contacts on the Mac
After connecting the iCloud to the phone, enable it on the Mac device. If the process is not known to you, then follow the steps mentioned below. To download the contacts that you have just uploaded to iCloud, you have performed the following steps:
- The first thing that you need to do is log in to the Mac device.
- Next, you have to click on the System Preferences option.
- Choose the iCloud application and check if you have logged in to the correct Apple ID.
- Next, you have to check the box next to the Contacts option to enable the iCloud sync.
The contacts that you have on iPhone will now sync via iCloud. You will now see the contacts that are in the Mac but were not previously saved on the iPhone. You can use this information by using the Contacts app.
Procedure 4: Organise the Contacts
You need to do is organize the contacts after receiving it from iPhone to Mac. You can make changes by using the iCloud on Mac. If you have not previously synced the contacts and used to have a messy address book, you can now fix that as well.
- Open your Mac device and navigate to the Contacts.
- Now, check if the contacts that you have selected is in the sidebar of the iCloud contact.
- You can start organizing the address book by deleting and adding new contacts in the contact list.
- You can also choose the other way out using the Mac contacts. Simply tap on the Cards option and click on the Look for Duplicate option. This will enable the contacts to merge the entries.
In the web browser, you have to look for the iCloud.com and then log in to it. Select the contacts that you want to see. You can add new contacts from here. Make changes or delete any contact based on your preference. Now, you have to wait for a while to see the changes on the devices.
Procedure 5: Export the Contacts
The last step that you need to do is export the contacts to keep those contacts safe. First, you need to check if you have synced with iCloud and organized the contacts correctly. You just need to open the Mac device and then export the contacts.
Simply follow these steps to export the contacts safely and without any hassle:
- The first thing that you need to do is open the Contacts section on the Mac device.
- Now, check if you have chosen the iCloud application from the sidebar.
- Choose the contacts by tapping on the Edit option and then go to the Select all option. You can use the cmd and A shortcut as well.
- Now, under the File section, you have to tap on the Export option and from there go to the “Export vCard” option. Select the place where you want to export the contacts.
Finally, you are done with the complete process of syncing contacts. By just using iCloud you can now transfer all the contacts from one device to the other.
If you have any queries regarding the syncing process from iPhone to mac, then share that in the comment section. Let us know if you have any other way to transfer the contacts. We hope you find this article helpful.