If you are here, maybe it means you want to transfer photos from your iPhone to Mac for obvious reasons. Well, who would not? Editing pictures by transferring photos from the iPhone to Mac is an effortless and simple task to perform.
If you are looking for discrete methods to transfer photos from your iPhone to Mac, then make sure to follow this article in which we will be providing you the most reliable and easy approaches to do so.
Various Ways to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
If you are searching for different ways to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac then make sure to go through each of the methods mentioned below.
Use Lightning to USB cable
You can easily import photos from your iPhone to Mac with the help of lightning to USB cable. Below, we have mentioned the entire import process for you.
- First of all, make sure to connect the iPhone to Mac with the help of “Lightning to USB cable”.
- Unlock your device and check if it trusts the device.
- This should load the Photos app and now you should be able to see the images on the iPhone in the main window. With this, you will be able to see all the images and videos that are present in the iPhone camera.
- Click on the “Import All New items” option and then take a look at the photos. Select the photos which you want to import and then click on “Import Selected”
- Once the import completes, you can request the Photos app to delete the iPhone pics and start taking pictures again.
Besides the above-mentioned solution, you may also take the help of iCloud to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac. To set up the iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone, go through the steps given below.
- Go to Settings and select the name present at the top. After that go to iCloud. You will see a list of applications within the iCloud storage indicator. Once you do, tap on Photos. Switch on the iCloud Photo Library.
Now set the photos on your Mac by following the steps given below.
- Open the Photos app and then navigate to the photos menu within the menu bar.
- After that, click on Preferences and then click on iCloud. Checkmark the box beside iCloud Photo Library.
As you have fulfilled the steps for both iPhone and Mac with the same Apple ID, there will be an automatic synchronization of photos and videos between the devices. As a result, your photos will get transferred from iPhone to Mac successfully.
Another way in which you can transfer the photos from the iPhone to Mac is by using Airdrop. Here is how you can do so.
First, open Airdrop on your iPhone.
- Go to Settings and then tap on General
- Go to Airdrop and then set it to “Everyone”. With this, you will be able to send data from Airdrop to other devices.
Now switch to the Mac and follow the steps exactly as given below.
- Go to Finder and then click on “Go” situated on the menu bar. Choose the “Airdrop” option.
- On doing so, you will notice a Finder window with an AirDrop icon opening on your screen. Below this, you will find a dropdown. Click and select the option for “Everyone”.
- It will take some time for the devices to find each other.
To transfer photos from iPhone to Mac through AirDrop follow the steps below.
- Go to Photos and choose the pictures for transferring.
- Tap on the Share button situated on the left-hand corner at the bottom of your window.
- Click on Accept when prompted to accept the photos.
You may also be asked to inform the location where you want to save the photos. Provide that and check if the photos got transferred to the specified location.
So these were some of the ways in which you should be able to import photos from iPhone to Mac. Please let us know whether these methods were helpful for you or not. If you have queries, notify us in the comment section below.