Call on our iTunesSupport :
The “iTunes has an invalid signature” error message generally appears when your device cannot find a digital signature to download the application. Digital signatures are normally used to authenticate applications and to secure users from malware or viruses. Windows often clash with the iTunes update and display the error message while trying to update the software. If you are an iTunes user and encountering this issue on your device, then do not worry. Here, in this article, we have mentioned various solutions to this particular error. After following them, you should be able to resolve this “iTunes has an invalid signature” issue without any problem.
3 Solutions to fix “iTunes has an Invalid Signature. It will Not be Installed”
We are going to discuss 3 easy solutions that can help you to fix this iTunes problem on your system. Check the under mentioned solutions for fixing this error.
Solution 1 – By changing the security settings
When you see this error message on your screen, try to change the security settings where the software can be downloaded. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- At first, press the Windows + R key together to launch the Run box. Write “inetcpl.cpl” in the Run box and then hit Enter or click on OK.
- When the Internet Properties window opens, go to the “Advanced” section.
- Scroll down the page and you will locate the “Security” section.
- Mark the “Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid” option.
- Then click on the Apply option and then tap on the OK option to save the settings.
- After doing this, restart your system.
- After restarting the system, you have to open the iTunes and log into your account. Then click on the “Help” option which is present at the right top corner of the screen.
- Then tap on the “Check for Updates”. This issue may not comes up again if you perform these steps. If the problem still persists then you can get in touch with the iTunes Support team to resolve this issue.
Solution 2 – Downloading the New Update Manually
If the problem persists, then you can download the latest version of iTunes, manually, from the official website of Apple. So, at first, you must uninstall the currently installed version of iTunes and then again install it. Remember that when you do this you must back up all your iTunes data which is present in your system. Here are the steps to follow:
- Press the Windows key + R at the same time to launch the Run dialogue box.
- Now, write “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue box and hit Enter to continue.
- Now, you will be able to see a list of installed programs on your computer. Uninstall the iTunes program. If you will be prompted to do a restart process after the uninstallation then restart your computer immediately. In most of the cases, you will be able to see your iTunes completely uninstalled using the procedure.
- In some rare cases, residual files can prevent complete uninstall. Tap on the Windows + R as well as type “%programfiles%” in the dialogue box and hit Enter to continue. After that, delete the related folders such as iTunes, Bonjour, and iPod from the Program Files.
- Then right-click on those files. Choose the Delete option to remove that.
- Next, you have to go to the Common Files and then navigate to Apple. Then delete the following files such as ‘Mobile Device Support’, ‘Apple Application Support’ and CoreFP.
- Right click on that files to launch the list. Select the Delete option to delete those files. You can also delete those files from the Recycle Bin application. After removing those files download it again from the official website of Apple.
- Once the download is completed, install it. To complete the installation process you have to follow the onscreen instructions carefully.
Solution 3 – Repairing Apple Software
Apple Software Update is the main element that updates all Apple applications installed on your computer. When installing Apple products (such as iTunes, iCloud, etc.), Apple software updates are installed automatically on your computer. Sometimes some updated files are corrupted or some installation files are missing or any configurations are not set correctly. So that you can apply the “repair” function which is present on your Control Panel to resolve it. Given below are the steps to follow to repair Apple Software Update:
- Press the Windows key along with the R key to launch the Run box, type “appwiz.cpl” and then press the Enter key or click on the OK option.
- Then you will find the “Apple Software Update” folder. Right-click on it to open the list. Select the Repair option. Now your system will start the repair process.
- After completing the repair process, reboot your system and then try to update iTunes again.
Stay with the iTunes Customer Support team
We hope, the above-mentioned methods will help you to get rid of iTunes has an Invalid Signature problem. After trying all the methods, if the problem still persists, then you can contact iTunes Customer Support team to give the best solutions to your issue.