iTunes Error 45054 occurs when the computer fails to complete the request of iTunes Stores. It happens because of restricted files and folders that iTunes requires for downloading purchases. This error appears and crashes the active program window or slows down the running programs. In severe cases, the PC even freezes for a few seconds.
You might encounter this error if your device is running an outdated version of iTunes. Internet connectivity issue is another possible reason behind this error. Corrupted system files or Windows registry might arise from changes in iTunes-related software. As a result, you receive iTunes error 45054. Moreover, a virus-affected PC might prevent you from using iTunes and display this error. Pending Windows updates or accumulation of junk files might be the actual cause of such runtime errors. So, let us check the various ways by which you can troubleshoot this error.
Solutions to Resolve iTunes Error 45054
You can get rid of this error in the following ways:
- Open the Apple App Store and click on ‘Updates’ to check the pending updates.
- Navigate to the ‘Software Updates’ section and tap ‘More’ to expand this section.
- Find out ‘iTunes Update’ and click on the ‘Update’ button next to it.
- App Store program takes some time to download and install the latest version of iTunes.
- The ‘iTunes Update’ option disappears from the ‘Software Update’ section if the update is successful.
- In the final stage, double-click on the ‘iTunes’ icon to launch it on your PC and check if the error 45054 is resolved or not.
Repair Corrupted Registry
- Type ‘command’ in the search box, press ‘Ctrl and Shift’ together then hit ‘Enter.’
- Click on ‘Yes’ in the Permission dialog box to continue.
- Then type ‘regedit’ inside the new box and press ‘Enter’ to launch the Registry Editor.
- Select the iTunes Error 45054 related key for making a backup.
- Go to the ‘File’ menu and choose the ‘Export’ option.
- Select a folder in the ‘Save In’ list for saving the iTunes backup you have created in step 4.
- Select the ‘Selected branch’ under the ‘Export Range’ menu.
- Tap the ‘Save’ button to save the iTunes backup with a ‘.reg file extension.
Manually editing the Registry is not recommended so you can connect with our iTunes Customer Support for the same.
Also Read: iTunes Install Error 2324
Scan Your PC
- Download a virus or malware scanning tool from the internet and install it on your PC.
- Run the tool so that it can scan your PC for viruses or malware.
- If the scanning result detects any virus or malware, then you would have to use an antivirus or antimalware.
Perform a System Restore
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu and enter ‘System Restore’ in the search box.
- Select ‘System Restore’ from the search results.
- If prompted, then enter the administrator’s password and select a restore point.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button to restore your system to a previous state when everything was working perfectly.
Run Windows System File Checker
- Launch the Command Prompt as we have discussed in the second method.
- Click ‘Yes’ on the permission dialog box and an elevated command pops up.
- Type ‘sfc/scannow’ in the elevated command and hit ‘Enter.’
- System File Checker starts scanning system files and fixes the corrupted ones.
Install the Pending Updates for Windows
- Search for Control Panel and open the Control Panel window.
- Next select Windows Update > Check for Updates.
- Now, Windows will scan your PC and inform you if an update is pending.
- Tap the ‘Install’ button next to each of the pending updates to install them on your PC.
- After this update is over, you might come across other updates that are depending on this specific update.
- Click on ‘Install’ to get these related updates as well.
- Wait for the process to finish and then go back to Windows Update to ensure that no update is pending.
Clean out Junk Files
- Open the Command Prompt from the ‘Start’ menu or search for it in the search box.
- Type ‘cleanmgr’ command in the elevated command and press ‘Enter’ to run the Disk Cleanup.
- Disk Cleanup now begins to calculate the amount of occupied disk space you can reclaim.
- Disk Cleanup displays the list of items you can delete to free up the disk space on your PC.
- Locate and select Temporary files from the list of these items as they tend to occupy the maximum disk space.
- Hit the ‘OK’ button to remove all the temporary files from your PC.
- If you want, then you can delete other files and folders from your PC as well.
Uninstall and Reinstall iTunes Related Program
- Open ‘Programs and Features’ from the ‘Start’ menu and choose Control Panel.
- Now, click on ‘Programs’ and select the ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- Go to the ‘Name’ column and locate the iTunes associated program.
- Click on ‘Uninstall’ and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation of this program.
- Go back to ‘Programs and Features’ to reinstall this iTunes-related program.
Connect with us for High-Tech iTunes Support
Our iTunes Customer Support is round the clock interacting with customers and dealing with iTunes-related issues. We have software specialists who possess years of experience dealing with iTunes issues. If these solutions fail to fix iTunes error 45054, then your PC might have severe technical glitches. Hence you require technical assistance to address such issues. Therefore, you can connect with our experts. To contact us, give us a call at iTunes Customer Support Number.