However, many Windows 10 users are experiencing certain installation issues while accessing iTunes. This problem can occur due to technical errors in Apple’s hardware or software. Also, an outdated Windows 10 version can be the reason behind this iTunes issue. So, if you are facing this problem and can’t install iTunes on Windows 10, keep reading this write-up. Here, you will know the underlying causes, which can possibly stop iTunes installation on Windows 10.
In this content, you will come across some technical fixes to install iTunes successfully on Windows 10. So let’s begin with possible reasons that can stop Windows 10 devices to install iTunes on it.
Why you can not install iTunes on Windows 10?
If you can’t install iTunes on your windows device then it can be due to a corrupted version of Apple Software. Yes, this issue can hit your device while updating or repairing any program on Windows 10. Now, let’s cover a few more causes of iTunes installation failure on Windows 10.
- Sometimes, users can fail to get iTunes, if they don’t log in to their Windows 10 devices as an administrator. So, if you lack proper admin access before initiating iTunes installation, it can cause this error on Windows 10.
- If your device doesn’t have the latest Microsoft Windows Update, iTunes can refuse to install due to lack of a recent Service Pack regarding Windows 10.
- Some users may experience this issue if they are trying to install iTunes that is already out of date.
- Often, any missing files or components in iTunes Windows installer can lead to this installation error.
Step-By-Step Instructions to install iTunes on Windows 10
Before you go through the technical steps to learn how to install iTunes on Windows 10, check out some prerequisites at first.
Make sure you are applying the following instructions before proceeding to iTunes installation part.
- First, you need to close the actively running iTunes on Windows 10. You’ll have to ensure that iTunesHelper doesn’t automatically start with the Windows startup. So, you can manually disable iTunes from the list of startup programs on Windows 10.
- Remove all the Apple gadgets, which are connected to your Windows 10 based laptop or computer. The same applies with the browsers, in case you have opened iTunes page on any active browser.
- In case you are having iTunes installer with the 32-bit specification, it can fail to install on a 64-bit Windows 10 based PC. Hence, you must check whether both the versions of iTunes and Windows 10 are same (either 32-bit or 64-bit).
Steps to install iTunes on your Windows 10 device
- If you have got an iTunes installer setup, first save a copy of it on the hard disk and then run it. Avoid installing it while being on the download or any other section.
- Disable the iTunesHelper on Windows 10 by opening the Task Manager. You can access it by pressing Ctrl, Alt and Delete buttons simultaneously.
- Then go to the ‘Startup’ tab and locate the icon for iTunesHelper. Finally, select the iTunes file and press the ‘Disable’ button.
- Next, go to the location where you have stored the iTunes setup file and right-click on it. Then choose the option ‘Run as administrator’ from the drop-down menu and click on ‘Next’. Also, initiate the installation of iTunes on Windows 10 by hitting the ‘Install’ button. If you face any problem with the installation, you can approach experts for quick iTunes Customer Service.
How to install iTunes on Windows 10 if the setup fails?
In case you can’t install iTunes in Windows by following the above steps, try the following alternative tips:
- Delete all the iTunes keys from the Windows registry to resolve issues due to corrupted files. Hence, open the Run dialog box (Windows+R), type ‘regedit’ and hit ‘Enter’ button. Locate iTunes6464.msi and delete this file from Windows 10.
- Press WIndows+X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) for locating iTunes setup. So, type the command c:\users\ABC\downloads\itunes6464.exe and remove the file (write your username in place of ABC).
Connect with professionals for Reliable Solutions
If you still can’t install iTunes, you can consult our iTunes Customer Support professionals. We have experienced experts who can provide you the best-in-class iTunes Customer Service in the least possible time. Moreover, they are the best to apply advanced troubleshooting tips when it comes to your iTunes related issues. So without further delay, connect with us today!