Why iPhone not showing up in iTunes Windows 10
At the time of connecting iPhones to a Windows 10 computer, many users face some problems. And, as for our concern, iPhone not showing up in iTunes Windows 10 is one of these problems that create an annoying situation to the users. In this case, Windows 10 Operating System stops recognizing the iOS devices. It prevents the user to transfer any videos, pictures, documents, and music from the computer to the iPhone and vice versa. And even, it prevents users to perform any task related to iTunes. If you are also facing such an annoying problem and already frustrated, then you are in the right place. Here, we are going to explain the processes to resolve the problem. Use them and try to fix it yourself.
Easy Solutions to Fix iPhone not showing up on Computer Windows 10
Before going to perform any of the given methods below, ensure one thing. That is, you are using the latest version of iTunes on your computer. And if you have not selected Trust on the ‘Trust This Computer’ message at the time of plugging in your iPhone to your PC, then do it and go on. Once you’ve checked all the factors, start troubleshooting the iPhone not showing up in iTunes Windows 10.
Method 1: Hardware Issues
There can be many reasons that play a vital part in such a problem. And to resolve the annoying problem of the disabled connection between the Windows 10 Operating System and your iPhone, check if there is a hardware issue. When it comes to hardware issues, it can be both in your computer or your iOS device. And to check if the reason behind this issue is the hardware, perform the steps below:
- To start the procedure, first of all, what you have to do is to Restart your iPhone and Windows 10 computer. And now, check, if the issue is still there after reconnecting the devices.
- After doing so, you should go for connecting the iPhone to another PC or Mac. If the process refuses to work, then the problem might be not in your computer device.
- In this stage, we will ask you to connect your iPhone to the computer using the original USB lightning cable, as many of the third-party lightning cables do not work for data transfer except charging.
- Now, you can check if your original lightning cable is working in a proper manner. If it doesn’t work properly, then you have to replace your original USB lightning cable with another one.
- Next, try to connect the iPhone to a different USB port on the PC. If you are using a desktop computer, then you can use some of the ports on the back. And again, if you are using the USB Type-C port, then you need to ensure that it can be used for transferring data. After doing so, check for once whether the issue has been resolved yet or not.
If all the above hardware checks fail to resolve the problem of iPhone not showing up in iTunes Windows 10 then jump to the next process.
Also Read: iTunes has an Invalid Signature and will not be Installed
Method 2: Restart the Apple Mobile Device Service
As the above process has refused to work to resolve the issue, you can try this method to fix the problem. As the dysfunctional Apple Mobile Device can cause this iPhone not showing up in iTunes Windows 10 problem, you should try this one. To do this, follow the following steps thoroughly:
- To start the procedure, first, you have to open the Start Menu and there select Windows Administrative Tools.
- After that, select Services and continue the process by finding and double-click the Apple Mobile Device Service there.
- And now, choose the Startup type as Automatic and proceed.
- Here, hit the option Stop to disable the service.
- Once you are done, hit Start to enable the service again.
- And now, you have to click on Apply and then hit OK.
- After completing the process reconnect your iOS device to the PC and check whether the problem has resolved or not. If it is still there, then go to the next solution and try to fix the issue.
Method 3: Reinstall USB Drivers
The Operating System should recognize your iPhone at the moment of connecting them via USB. But even after all the hardware parts are working properly and your Windows Operating System is not recognizing the iPhone device, then the problem is lying in the Apple Mobile device driver or iPhone USB driver.
A corrupted, incorrectly configured or missing iPhone USB driver can create such a frustrating error for your Windows 10 Operating System. With that, faulty drivers also can cause such a problem on your Windows. Even your touchscreen, keyboard, mouse, etc. might refuse to work properly. It is a must to reinstall the iPhone, USB driver if Windows refuse to fix this kind of issue automatically. Let’s start the procedure.
Step 1: Check your iPhone USB Driver in Device Manager
- To begin, you have to connect your iPhone to the computer of yours via USB cable.
- After that, navigate the Device Manager. For that, you have to right-click on My Computer (Computer) and there you will find Device Manager in the upper left corner of the window. Hit that and go on.
- After launching Device Manager, you should click on the Universal Serial Bus controllers options to continue and now, in the appearing list find and locate the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
- If you fail to find the option in that field, you have to open the section named the Other Devices and search Unknown devices to get that.
Step 2: Reinstall iTunes along with all of its Components
If you find a yellow sign on the Apple Mobile Device name or you fail to find the device, then you have to reinstall the driver manually if you want to resolve the issue in real-time.
- To do that, first of all, you have to uninstall iTunes and all the other components related to it. To execute the uninstall process, you can use the Control Panel.
And here is the list for that you have to look for:
- Apple Application Support 64-bit
- Apple Application Support 32-bit
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Software Update
Before continuing the process, you have to uninstall the Application Support if you find any two of them.
- In this step, download iTunes with all its components and install them once again.
- And now again go to Device Manager to continue the process and there, you have to locate your iPhone.
- And here, you have to select Update Device Driver after Right-clicking on the device and proceed.
- After that, hit ‘Browser my computer for driver software’ option and go to the next step.
- Now, choose the folder with the drivers: (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Devices\Support\Drivers)
- And finally, install the driver by clicking the option Next.
- Now for sure, in Device Manager, you will get to see Apple Mobile Device USB Driver under the Universal Serial Device USB Driver.
Once you are done, reboot your computer device and connect the iPhone device to it once again. And check whether the process has resolved the not connecting issue or not.
Get Help from iTunes Support Service
We hope you have successfully resolved the issue with the help of the above procedures. If you are still in the same problem, you can contact us for further help. Our experts of the iTunes Support Service are there to help you 24 hours on a pocket-friendly budget. So, just dial our iTunes Support Number and place your service request.