For Apple users, iTunes play an important role in performing various tasks. Besides being the store manager, it performs the function of transferring items from the cloud. Therefore, any trouble in iTunes can affect your work. And in this article, we will discuss one of the issues that are coming up after iTunes is upgraded. iTunes can’t verify the identity of the server is becoming frequent and users are worrying what to do. In case you are facing a situation close to this error, the article will help you to resolve the problem.
iTunes Can’t Verify the Identity of the Server: Signs of the Error
- The problem appears when the iTunes application is launched, installed, and upgraded in Mac devices.
- A pop up appears stating that “the certificate for this server is invalid“. Two options are also provided for the users. You can either continue with the existing server or connect to a separate server.
- A warning message also pops up which says that connecting with the server can put your information through risks.
- Though not a symptom, the error can occur if the Apple Store is functioning improperly.
- Malicious software applications are additional causes which can lead to certification issues.
Fix iTunes the Certificate for this Server is Invalid in Easy Steps
Resolving the server issues are pretty important if you want to use your Mac device to the fullest. Or, if you can’t install iTunes then follow the next section and seek redressal. As a note, remember that the solution bypasses the in-built security shield for various certificates. But the risks for disabling remains at a lower level so you can apply the technique.
- To start with the solution, close iTunes application along with App Store in the Mac device.
- Now, move to the Applications page and navigate to the Utility section.
- Tap and click the Keychain Access.
- Tap on the System Roots under that Keychain Access page.
- Finally, move to the Category option and tap on the Certificates.
- Glance and tick through the certificates. Once you find a blue dot with a plus sign embedded on it, follow the next step.
Part 2: Resolve iTunes Issues
- Click on that blue dot twice and a new page will appear.
- Now, press the triangle icon present beside the Trust option.
- A new tab will open which will have Secure Socket Layer. Now, choose the option “no specific value for SSL”.
- Enter your admin passcode and close the page/certificate.
- After a while, open it again by clicking the certificate twice.
- A page will appear where you need to select the Use System Defaults option.
- Here, you have to undergo two more steps. First, you can insert the admin passcode and close down the certificate page. Second, check the blue dot. If you do not mess up any stage, there will be no plus signs.
- Follow the same steps until all the certificates with the blue sign vanish.
- This is time-consuming, so keep other activities aside while doing the work. Move out of the Keychain Access when the entire function is over.
- Finally, try to launch the iTunes application. You will find that the server and the certificate problems are nonexistent.
A Simple Solution
If the former method looks too complex, just follow this simple procedure. Move to the Settings of your iOS device (it can be iPod or iPad). Now, move to the General page and navigate to the Time and Date option. Now, choose the Automatic option and wait for some seconds for the Time and Date to fix. It will search through the current location and time zone. Similarly, you can manually do the work by moving to the Settings Panel and clicking through the General Settings. Finally, choose the Date and Time and check the Time Zone.
Just in case, the Automatic option is selected, deactivate it and complete the process choosing the Manual option.
Fix Server Problems with iTunes Support
The methods discussed above work 90% of the time. But you can mess up the situation if you are not tech-savvy. Thus, you can rely on us for doing the work smoothly. Our engineers have been working with the internal glitches that affect iOS devices for years. Hence, with their immense knowledge, they can resolve the trouble from the roots. Unlike other agencies, we deliver time-bound services. And these solutions are reliable and come at an affordable price. So, connect with iTunes Support today and talk with the experts. Our certified consultants will minutely look after the problem. You can connect to our services by calling on the iTunes Customer Support number. Further, join the support team by shooting an email or via the live chat portal.