While you are trying to perform the data retrieval process through the iTunes app, it becomes an annoying issue for Apple users. They find an unexpected error message, saying “iTunes could not restore the iPhone because the Backup was Corrupt”. Moreover, it reduces the device’s performance levels and the system becomes unresponsive after several attempts. We hope this article will be helpful to overcome this situation. For further technical help, our iTunes Customer Support can be of help.
Responsible Factors behind “iTunes could not Restore the iPhone” Problems
A lot of significant reasons cause this annoying issue. iTunes fails to perform the data restore process and as a result, you get stuck with this unexpected error.
- iOS incompatibility with the iTunes app creates the iTunes data restoration error very often.
- Malware, Spyware, etc major cyber-threats are other responsible factors behind the message, “Backup was corrupt or not compatible”.
- Outdated iOS device or iTunes app sometimes fails to recognize the other device while performing the data backup process.
Fix iTunes Data Retrieve Issues by a few Effective Steps
There are some of the easy but the most crucial steps to resolve the iTunes data restore issue. Moreover, it enhances the performance level of your Apple device as well as removes all the possible conflicts associated with the iTunes App.
- Download and install reliable security software.
- Now, click on the antivirus icon and launch the antivirus window.
- Next, go to the Scan tab or click on Scan for Virus option.
- Either you can select Quick Scan or Full Scan to eradicate the malware.
- However, after choosing the Scan type, it will start to scan and identify the virus-infected files and folders.
- Now, click on the Disinfect tab to remove the malware and spyware like major issues technically.
- Once done, reboot the system and check whether the “iTunes could not restore the iPhone” message appears on the screen or not.
Create Another Backup
- If you are a Windows user, Choose Preferences under the Edit option of the Settings window. For the Mac users, click on the iTunes menu and choose the option Preferences under it.
- In the resultant window, you will find several tabs with different options. Click on the Devices tab and choose the latest backup option.
- Here, you will get a list of files and select them one by one. Click on the Delete button.
- Finally, try to perform the backup program again. This step is helpful to remove the corrupt backup file and restore it again.
Reset the iOS
- Launch the Settings app by tapping on the Settings icon and click on the General tab.
- In this window, you will get another button Reset at the button.
- In the resultant Reset screen, tap on the Reset All Settings.
- Click on the option Not Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Next, you need to verify the step twice and follow the on-screen instructions. Once done, restart the device and make sure that the iPhone is reset successfully.
- Switch on your Apple device and open the Gallery.
- Choose the item iTunes and tap on it to launch the iTunes application.
- From the resultant window, select the option Help from the menu bar. Then, choose the option Check for updates from the sub-menu.
- Finally, follow the current prompts that appear on the active window. If an update is available, then install the latest version.
Upgrade Apple Device
- Take a recent iCloud backup of your data.
- Now, click on Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap on the General tab and click on the Software Update.
- Click on Download and Install option. When prompted, then enter the password and click on Agree to the Terms and Conditions named checkbox.
- Click on the Agree button again to start the upgrade program.
- It will take several minutes to complete the entire process. Once done, reboot the Apple device and check whether “iTunes could not restore the iPhone because the backup was corrupt” message appears on the screen or not.
Extract iPhones Backup with an iTunes Alternative
- Download and install software for extracting the required data.
- After that, launch the program and connect the Apple device to your PC.
- Tap on Backup and Restore after the device is detected.
- Hit the To View the Previous Backup Files button from the left corner of the resultant window.
- The software will give you a list of the backup items in iTunes. Tap on the Restore icon and retrieve the data within a short period of time.
- Once done, tap on the Refresh button and check whether the unexpected message “iTunes could not restore the iPhone” is shown on the screen or not.
Contact iTunes Customer Support for Further Technical Assistance
In the above article, we have discussed the iTunes issues briefly and also talked about the valid reasons behind the message, “iTunes could not Restore the iPhone because the Backup was corrupt”. However, if you are not a tech-savvy person, then it becomes tricky to resolve and you can connect with us at our iTunes Support Service Number. Our iTunes Customer Service is always ready to provide you with an effortless solution within a small amount of time.