What to do when iTunes has stopped working Windows 10?
A lot of technical glitches reduce the iTunes performance level and show the users annoying error messages. Especially, when you try to transfer any file through iTunes, at times, it pops-up unexpected alert, “iTunes has Stopped Working.” As a result, you get stuck in sending or receiving the files and the device starts to freeze. Outdated iTunes Software or malware issues, Windows internal error, etc are the significant causes of this iTunes error. However, we hope this article will be very helpful to sort out this error and our iTunes Support team is ready to serve you immediate service in case you require professional help.
Fix “iTunes stopped working” Issues with a Few Simple Steps
Some easy steps, when followed diligently, will help you out resolving the “iTunes has stopped working” issue easily. So, you may try out the steps below and avoid this kind of iTunes error at the primary stage of the problem.
Launch iTunes in Safe Mode
- Launch iTunes on your Windows PC while holding down Shift and Ctrl Keys together.
- Double-click on the iTunes icon and it will show a message, “ iTunes is running in Safe Mode”.
- Tap on the Continue button to start the iTunes in Safe Mode.
- When done, test whether iTunes is working properly or not.
- Press Windows and R key together from the keyboard.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the Run dialog box and hit the Enter key from the keyboard to open the Programs and Features.
- In the resultant window, you will find a list of installed Apple software.
- Navigate to iTunes and right-click on it.
- Choose Uninstall from the pop-up menu. It will take a few minutes to complete the iTunes uninstallation process.
- Now, uninstall other Apple software associated with the iTunes app such as Bonjour, Apple Application Support 32-bit, Apple Application Support 62-bit, Apple Software Update, etc.
- Moreover, uninstall QuickTime using the same procedure.
- The entire Apple software removal process will take a couple of minutes to finish. Once done, restart your Apple device.
- After that, double-click on the browser icon and launch the browser.
- Next, download and re-install the latest version of iTunes from the Apple official website.
- Finally, restart the system and open iTunes to check whether the message, “iTunes has stopped working” appears on the screen or not.
Check Issues with Content Files
- Close iTunes application and go to the iTunes folder C:\Users\Username\Music.
- Double-click on the iTunes folder and right-click on the iTunes Library.itl file. Now, cut and paste the file on the desktop.
- Next, open the iTunes app from the Apple device and you can see that the library is empty.
- Then, hold Ctrl and press B from the keyboard to open the iTunes menu bar.
- Choose the File option from the menu items and click on the option Add Folder to Library.
- Locate the folder iTunes Media on C: drive and chose an artist or an album.
- Now, add it to the library and drag into the iTunes window.
- Check whether iTunes add the items successfully or not. Once done, perform a playback scan.
- If the scanning result shows a successful message, then try to add more items.
- Finally, relaunch the iTunes app and check whether the message “iTunes stopped working” pops up on the screen or not.
Scan for Malware
- Download and install antivirus software.
- Now, double-click on it to launch the software on the screen.
- Choose Scan for Virus option from the Scan tab of the resultant window.
- Next, select either Quick Scan or Full Scan from the next window and let it scan the entire system.
- It will take several minutes to identify the malware infected files. Click on Disinfect to kill them accordingly.
- Once done, reboot the System and check whether the iTunes error persists or not.
Perform Clean Boot in Windows 10
- Type “msconfig” in the search box and hit the Enter key.
- Click the General tab from the System Configuration window and choose the option Selective Startup.
- Remove the tick from the Load Startup items checkbox and go to the Services tab.
- In the resultant window, click on the Disable All.
- Next, click on Open Task Manager from the Startup tab.
- Right-click on the each enabled items and choose Disable to remove them.
- Click on OK to confirm the step.
- Finally, reboot the system and check whether the message, “iTunes has stopped working windows 10” is resolved or not.
Run System Restore
- Click on the Start button and launch the Start menu.
- Click on the Settings app and go to the Update & Security option.
- In this section, you will find the Recovery tab. Click on it.
- Click on the Get Started option under the option Reset this PC from the next window.
- Wait until the System Restore process is finished and restart the PC when done.
Still, iTunes not working? Connect with iTunes Support
Our iTunes Support team is very expert to tackle iTunes related issues effectively. So, if you face any iTunes related problems such as “iTunes has stopped working,” then you can contact us for a technical fix. You can place a call at our iTunes Support Number and fix any iTunes error without any hassle within a short period of time.