iTunes plays a crucial role in transferring the data from one Apple device to another. You might get stuck with an unexpected issue very often while you connect your Apple device to a PC. You fail to send or receive data and the app shows an unexpected error message saying “iTunes is waiting for Windows update”. However, this article will help you to remove this annoying issue in a short period of time. Also, our iTunes Customer Support team is expert to tackle this difficulty.
iTunes is Waiting for Windows Update – What are the Significant Reasons?
There are lots of reasons responsible for creating this Apple device recognition problem. Moreover, it reduces the device performance.
- If you forget to enable the Apple Mobile Support Service before using iTunes and transfer any file, then this issue occurs.
- An outdated iTunes version creates a barrier in its functions and shows the message, “iTunes is waiting for Windows update to install driver” after several attempts.
Resolve Apple Device Recognition Issues with a few steps
Some of the basic methods that can help you to fix this iTunes is waiting for Windows update to install driver” problem quickly. We are talking about some of the effective methods that will fix the problem quickly.
- If any cables or ports which are used to connect your Apple device to the PC are found as defective, then immediately repair it.
- Make sure that your Apple iPhone or iPad is unlocked. If it is locked, then make it enable.
Uninstall and Reinstall iTunes
- Press Windows and R together from the keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the dialog box and hit the Enter key to launch the iTunes Application window.
- Now, select iTunes and right-click on it.
- Choose the Uninstall option and follow the on-screen as well as additional information.
- After that, choose another Apple service Bonjour and click on the Uninstall option by right-clicking on it.
- Next, follow the on-screen prompts for additional info for finishing the software removal process.
- After that, go to Apple’s official website and install iTunes with the latest version by following the active window information.
- The entire process will take a couple of minutes and when done, reboot the Apple device to check whether the message iTunes is waiting for Windows update appears on the screen or not.
Also check Laptop Repair in Dubai
Upgrade USB Driver
- Press Windows + R from the keyboard and launch the Run dialog box on the screen.
- Now, type “devicemngr” in the text field of that dialog box and press the Enter key.
- In the Device Manager window, you will find a list of installed hardware.
- Choose USB Driver among the items and expand it.
- Next, right-click on the Universal Serial Bus driver icon and select the option Update Driver.
- It will take several times to complete the entire upgrade process.
- Once done, you need to reboot the device and check whether it is recognized by Windows 10 or not.
Check the Service Status
- Type “Services.msc” in the Search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Windows Services window.
- Locate the Find Apple Mobile Device Service and right-click on it.
- Click on Properties and launch the Service Properties window on the screen.
- Here, you will get details information about the services which you are currently using. However, you need to check whether the Apple service Startup Type is set as Automatic or not. If not, enable the Automatic Option.
- Next, make the Service Status as Running and click on the OK button to confirm the new changes.
- Once done, close all the active Services windows and verify whether the Windows 10 recognition problem is resolved.
- Click on the Settings icon and launch the iPhone Device Settings window.
- Tap on the General tab from the resultant window.
- Click on the VPN option and select the Delete Profile tab from the next window.
- Next, you are asked to confirm the profile removal process and tap on the Delete button to proceed with it.
- Once done, restart the Apple device and connect with the PC to make sure that the PC is capable of recognizing the Apple device.
Install the Latest Windows Update
- Click on the Gear icon from the Start menu and launch the Settings app.
- On the resultant page, go to the Update & Security section.
- Click on Check for Updates button. The upgrade process will start if any latest updated version of Windows is available.
- The installation process will take a few minutes to complete. Once done, restart the Windows and connect your Apple device.
Reset Location and Privacy
- Relaunch the Settings window and go to the General tab.
- Now, click on the Reset option.
- Choose Location and Privacy option.
- Here, you are asked to enter the password for authenticating the device.
- After successful authentication, tap on Reset Settings to complete the new setup.
Still Struggling with Apple Device? Reach out to Us
Our iTunes Customer Support team is very experienced to fix iTunes is waiting for a Windows update to install driver issues with technical assistance. Moreover, you can resolve any of the iTunes-related queries by placing a call at our iTunes Support number and fix them permanently.